9.16.2009

I love it when a plan comes together!

This was a line made famous back in the 80's on a show called "The A-Team".  The statement was spoken at the end of every episode after a variety of highly-crafted, preplanned scenarios culminated in the accomplishment of the team's predetermined goal.  I can still remember the sense of joy and fulfillment that the characters felt at the end of each episode. They did it! They completed the task! They were successful!  They were "The A-Team"!  

If only life was that simple.  

Just like the members of the A-team, I believe that God enjoys seeing his plan fulfilled in our lives.  Psalms 16:11 says, "You will make known to me the path of life; in your presence is fullness of joy: in your right hand there are pleasures forever. (NAS) 


There have been several times in my life when I have followed my own plans and ended up at a destination of my own choosing; yet, I found no joy or sense of fulfillment in the accomplishment of my goals.  After this happened a few times, it finally dawned on me that perhaps God's plans WERE better than MY plans!  


Once I got a handle on this concept, I began to understand that MY plans, no matter how great, were inherently flawed if they did not fully acknowledge Christ's authority as Lord in my life.  


By following His plan for my life, I have gained a greater sense of direction, fulfillment, and joy.   Imagine that, I give up control but feel a greater sense of direction.  


Wow!  I love it when a plan comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment